Rob Bruchman is an attorney, entrepreneur, former politician and currently heads government affairs for American Multi-Cinema, Inc. AMC is the largest movie exhibition company in the United States, the largest in Europe and the largest throughout the world with more than 1,000 theatres and more than 11,000 screens across the globe. AMC operates among the most productive theatres in the United States’ top markets and 50% of the American population lives within 10 miles of an AMC location. In addition to government affairs, Rob also manages AMC’s trade relationships. Rob has also been responsible for the creation of key entertainment industry social impact programs to support notable causes across the United States.
Rob served as a member of the Kansas House of Representatives for three terms. While in the House, he was the Vice-Chairman of the House Judiciary and Insurance committees. He was also elected by his fellow legislators to serve as one of the youngest Delegation Chairmen. During his time in the House, Rob authored the Kansas Series Limited Liability Company Act in order to provide businesses with more flexibility in their operating entity choice. Rob also carried the Jason Flatt Act on the House floor to help prevent teenage suicide. Rob was routinely recognized for his commitment to creating jobs and additional economic opportunities for his district.
Rob began his legal career with a prestigious clerkship at the United States Attorney’s office in Kansas City, Kansas and later worked at an AM Law 100 firm as a corporate attorney. His practice focused on a variety of areas including acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings and national franchise offerings. Later, Rob founded his own law firm, which focused on corporate law and representing entrepreneurs.
Examples of Legal Work
• Represented investment manager in the formation of a new fund.
• Represented start-up internet companies, including a social networking web site and numerous online retailers.
• Represented fitness company in connection with national franchise offerings.
• Acted as outside general counsel to flight simulator company and represented airline in drafting and implementation of new pilot employment
• Represented national bank as lender in connection with various credit facilities.
• Represented a fitness company as borrower in connection with its asset backed credit facility.
• Represented buyers in the acquisition of a premium financing company.
• Represented one of the largest U.S. jewelry companies.
• Represented CEO of high-profile, billion dollar company regarding employment agreement and benefits arrangements.
• Represented producer in negotiation of production agreement for television series.
Rob is actively engaged with many high-profile charities across the United States and focuses much of his work in Kansas, California, New York, Illinois and Texas. He has also helped structure numerous social impact campaigns at AMC. Much of Rob’s charitable work focuses on helping children with medical care.